Thursday 26 July 2012

Thing's I've Been Making

One thing I have loved about not working in London any longer is the extra time I have to myself of an evening.  It has taken me a while to know what to do with the time and even now six months on there are some day's that I don't make the most of it. 

Over the past week I have been making the most of it though, especially with the rubbish weather were having.  First up I made my first ever lot of bunting.  Now why I have never made any of this sooner, I really will never know.  It was so easy and simple but yet it looks so effective and I love looking at it hanging up in my room.



My other little creative burst was these cushion covers, with a simple envelope backing.




Again really easy to make, it literally took me about 45minutes to make both cushion covers. 

I have been wanting to bring in a bit more floral into my room but don't want to be decorating as I am hoping I won't be here too much longer, so small little creations like this are perfect.  Straight away they add a bit of colour, and change the look of the room, plus I will be able to take them with me when I move out.

Love Gem x x x x

9 comments:

  1. I love them both, you did a really good job. I love the floral fabric, where did you get it?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your bunting! And the fabric you've used for your cushion covers is gorgeous.
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty! Love the fabrics you have used. It's so satisfying to whizz something crafty up on a school night I need to get back in the habit of weekday crafting too.


    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous makes!! Great fabric choices too, I love florals. Bunting is brill isn't it... Instantly cheers up and transforms a room, I'm a HUGE fan :-) yours looks gorgeous!!

    Have a great week,
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute!! Love that floral fabric!! You did a lovely job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty bunting and cushions. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love th cushions. I fancy making some, but am not sure where to start. Are they easy enough for a beginner? x

    ReplyDelete