Monday 9 January 2017

Weekend Vibes

I don't know about you but I always find the weekends go way too quickly.  If you're not careful it is easy to blink and you'll miss it.  That said I try and make the most of them. 

This weekend, although not going as planned, was a good one.

Saturday was saying goodbye to Christmas.  For the first time in forever I was so ready for it.


The day ended with dinner at Bill's.  I've heard a lot about it via Instagram but was yet to try it for myself.  I enjoyed it, but forgive me for saying it, personally I don't see what all the fuss is about.


I was however pretty fond of their pink lemonade.  I was excited to try their chocolate martini too but currently being on antibiotics I'll have to save that till another visit.


The mini cinnamon doughnuts with strawberries and chocolate sauce were pretty good too.


Sunday started slowly as Sunday's always should.  Then I was out on the road for a Sunday drive.

First stop was Papermill Lock.  I've never visited in the winter before and although not as pretty, it seems to be the time to visit as it was very quiet.



Then it was back in the car and onto the country roads to see where would be next to explore.


Turns out that the next stop was to be Maldon.  Again it was relatively quiet and so it made for a lovely walk along the promenade in the sunshine. 



After blowing away the cobwebs it was back home for dinner, and then settling down to watch the first of the Harry Potter films (although I have seen this one already I wanted to freshen my memory before starting on the next ones).  I'm really looking forward to checking out the rest of them.

I always feel so much better after having a productive weekend and I'm certain I'm not alone in that.  What did you get up to, I'd love to hear about it?

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, you went to my favourite places- I love Papermill lock and ADORE Maldon! If you go into Suzie's tearoom in Maldon (the vintage looking further down the high street), they have brilliant handmade items upstairs- my friend Lara has a shelf there where she sells her crocheted things!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit we didn't venture down the High Street in Maldon but I have heard about Suzie's, if ever I find myself back there I'll make sure I take a look x x

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on Bills, it's nice but it's a chain now that's just as good as Nandos!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad it isn't just me. I thought maybe I was missing something x x

      Delete