Wednesday 4 January 2017

2016 A Year In Review

It's been somewhat of a crazy year.  If anyone had of told me in January what I would be experiencing I honestly would have laughed in their face, told them they were ridiculous and would never have believed them.  It wasn't all bad though and looking back over each month I can appreciate the year so much more.  It is definitely a year that has seen me grow, made me a far stronger person and shaped me into who I am today.


January


January saw me learning how to crochet, attending a bloggers event at Lush in Chelmsford to check out their new Valentines range, discovering the delicious rose and pistachio mocha at Starbucks, trying my hand at pottery and lots of cosy nights indoors.

February


February consisted of a lovely spa day with the bestie to celebrate her 30th birthday at Clarice House in Ipswich, a bloggers event at Chelmsford's Lee Stafford hair academy, and lots more crochet during cosy nights in. 

March


March brought me a break away to Center Parcs in Longleat, beautiful sunsets, a day out at the Country Living Spring Fair London, meeting Cecelia Ahern at her Flawless book launch event, checking out the Easter Barn at Norpar Barns, a short stay in the shepherds hut at Freshwinds campsite to help out with lambing season and Percy the Peacock who decided to come and live with us at the bungalow.

April


April included a visit to the Hobbycrafts craft show at Excel, me taking part in World Book Night for the second year running, a couple of country walks, and afternoon tea at Mulberry House with family.

May


During May there were long walks, a visit to admire the sea of bluebells at Hanningfield Reservoir, beautiful sunny days, a trip to Blanes in Spain which included a day trip to Girona, a day at the Essex Young Farmers show and a day out with my Nan to Osterley Park

June


In June I received my first ever piece of fan mail in the post, made trips to the garden centre, woke up to find a very flooded garden, finished my Peter Rabbit bookmark and had a short trip to Grimsby for a family friends funeral and stayed in the most beautiful hotel.  

July


July was a tough one seeing the end of my marriage with James which understandably hit me pretty hard, but I received incredible support from amazing friends and family with copious cups of tea and endless hours talking, enjoyed a family wedding, a preview evening at the new Homesense store in Chelmsford, a spa day with my sister in law at Down Hall and a day with the bestie at Hitchin lavender farm

August


August involved getting some new ink after 11 years, dying my hair pink (which didn't work as well as I'd hoped) and revelling at V Festival with Michelle from Michelle Louise Love Blog.

September


September was a busy one trying a Pumpkin spiced latte for the first time and falling in love (many more followed after that one), trying out a writers group, attending the official opening of the Jane Means pop up stationary shop at Clifton Nurseries, going to watch Dirty Dancing at the Hylands House outdoor cinema, followed by Harry Potter the next night in Maldon, a craft day with Michelle, another new tattoo, a sneak peak of the brand new John Lewis store in Chelmsford and a night out with colleagues for dinner and drinks.

October


October was made up of walks in the forest, a trip to the pumpkin patch, meeting Giovanna Fletcher at the Fabulous Night In book event, going to a drive in cinema to see the new Bridgit Jones movie with a good friend, a day out in Greenwich, pumpkin decorating with Laura from Life By Laura Blog, a weekend up north visiting wonderful Whitby, A blogger event at Lush Romford to check out their new seasonal range and working with Laura Ashley on a Christmas themed post and having to decorate for Christmas.

November


November was the month of Christmas adventures with my sister in law to the Christmas Hobbycrafts show at Excel, experiencing Christmas at Kew spending quality time with my Mum, attending the Vuelio Blog Awards with Michelle and Laura, starting a new job and settling into a new home.

December


December was spent saying goodbye to my little bungalow and my chickens, ice skating at Somerset House, gingerbread house decorating with Michelle and Liv, spending Christmas with my family at Center Parcs in Woburn and generally enjoying the festive season.

As I'm sure you will agree a year filled with ups and downs.  But as I said earlier, it's definitely been a year that has made me a far stronger person and allowed me to grow as an individual and I intend to continue to do so.  Making sure to live for the moment and make the most of every opportunity because it really is true, you never know what is round the corner. 

Thank you to all of my readers for your continuous support.  I hope you all have a fantastic New Year.

~ Gem x

8 comments:

  1. What a big year! For good and bad reasons .... onwards and upwards though :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gem, it's lovely to see that you have managed to have lots of good times in 2016 in spite of what happened, it just shows how wonderful, fun, and big hearted you are. All the best for 2017 my lovely friend X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, I appreciate your kind words, it was certainly quite a year x x

      Delete
  3. Hi Gem,
    It is lovely to hear how many fun and cool things you have achieved this year! Although relationshipwise it has been a horrid year for you, it is great that there have continued to be great and creative things you have enjoyed.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kezzie, thank you. It was a very busy one and I'm hoping 2017 will be much the same on that front, perhaps just much happier though x x

      Delete
  4. Wishing you everything that you wish for yourself for 2017. Make it a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely. Happy new year to you too x x

      Delete