Tuesday 27 March 2012

Stained Glass Heart

You may remember I attended a stained glass workshop back in November, you can read about it here.  I enjoyed the workshop so much I just had to sign up for another.  Myself and my Mum signed up for the Stained Glass Heart workshop which was held on Sunday.  It just so happened that was my Mum's birthday, so it was meant to be, a girly day of crafting.


The house looked lovely and mysterious surrounded by fog and was a delight to look at as we drove through the park to find a parking space. You have probably seen numerous different shots of the house on my blog.  I love it, situated in the middle of the park, it is so beautiful.  I think I have just about seen it in pretty much all lights now, sunshine, snow, fog, night time.


The workshop did not disappoint and I was pleased to discover I had not lost the skills I had developed from the last workshop.  I am still a bit rubbish at soldering but I am hoping that is a skill that will come in time.  I didn't take any photos through the day this time as it was basically the same as before just with a different pattern.

Here are everyone's hearts finished all together at the end of the day.



When I got home I rummaged through my ribbon stash and hung it up with some of the pretty lace I bought last weekend.  It now takes pride of place hanging up by my bedroom window catching the rays.



It was a really lovely day.  I would recommend one of Mona's workshops to anyone, she is a lovely lady and the workshop I feel is great value for money.  I would happily do another one.  For those living further away than Chelmsford, if there are any workshops in you area, give it a go, I'm sure you will love it just as much as me.

~ Gem x  

10 comments:

  1. Pretty. That is a craft I have never tried. Maybe next time I see a class advertised somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, they look fantastic. What a nice way to spend a day with your mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! It will be lovely with the sun shining through it : )

    Happy belated birthday to your mum!

    Gemma xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart looks lovely Gemma, glad you enjoyed the workshop and see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous!! love it. i keep meaning to sign myself up for one of the days there xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe it's gorgeous I love it! I would love to give this a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Gem! In answer to you question, I don't edit my photos at all, I just upload them from my camera and plonk them on the blog! The effects are actually modes on the camera which is a Canon IXUS 310 HS Digital Camera
    I received for my birthday! It's a lovely camera, easy to use and makes everything look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it you must be really proud! I've never been on a course like that but My Aunt got me a day with Jo Weatley from the Great British Bake Off for my birthday! Soooooo excited!!!

    ReplyDelete