Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sights Of Hackney

My weekend started early, well Thursday really although I did have work on Friday but I was in a good mood and didn't mind it so much.  My post has all been updated from yesterday now with all the photos and links you will need :).

Friday evening I met with Kate in a local pub, I haven't seen her since I left my old job, we used to travel into London together on the train.  It always used to make that journey so much more pleasant and I miss our little chats so I knew it was going to be a good evening.  I have mentioned Kate a few times on my blog, if you haven't had a chance to check out her blog please do, she is an amazing woman and her work is fantastic.  You will find her blog here.

On Saturday me and James headed over to Hackney and walked along the Regents Canal, it really is so pretty.





The walk along the canal was lovely, especially as the sun was shining.  We came across a couple of antique shops which would have been rude not to have popped in and James is so glad we did, he walked out with a Young Brewery crate which we have said we will be using for the wedding as well as at home when we get our own place.  I love the idea of lots of flowers in crates and beer bottles so this is just perfect.

From the canal we moved onto Broadway Market.  We have been here a couple of times now, I really like it there.  It is one of those places you could walk around for hours and hours.



I just love this flower stall.  In fact I love any flower stall or shop, I love flowers full stop really.  I had to take a few snaps, well it would have been rude not to.

I could of taken many more photos but it was quite busy so I thought I'd save it for another day.

Lots of Love

Gem x x x x



10 comments:

  1. Oooh nice pics my lovely. I love canal boats. I once interviewed someone who lived on one and it was lush but she said they had to have regular clear outs as were so short on space.
    Glad all is well with you and I blimmin' love those flowers too!
    xx x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fab weekend x love the flowere photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend,lovely piccies,especially love the flower ones xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those tulips!! What a gorgeous scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is so lovely!!
    Gem's comment ash me lusting for life on a canal boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures Gem! Those flowers are beautiful. I can't help but want to be tulips..I love the colour!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your blog!
    Lovely day
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw what I wrote to you..."want to be tulips"? What does that even mean lol? !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gem, thanks for your comment on my blog. One of the scrapbooks is just a cheap kids one and the other 2 are Smash books. From Oysterstamps xxxx

    ReplyDelete