Tuesday 20 March 2012

Antiquing

On Sunday me and James headed out to Battlesbridge.  It was a beautiful sunny day and there were so many photo opportunities but I stupidly left my camera at home.  I felt lost without it.  I never go anywhere without my camera, still I managed to buy a few crafty bargains.


I love these old wooden cotton reels.  I am starting to get a bit of a collection now as my nan gave me a few a couple of weeks ago.  I picked these 8 up for a couple of quid.  There isn't much cotton left on them but I have found many other uses for them on Pinterest.  You can follow me on Pinterest here.


I also picked up these pretty knitting needles.  The colour is a kind of a pinky red. I'm not a fan of metal knitting needles, I much prefer bamboo ones, but I thought these would look lovely amongst a collection of coloured needles in a pretty jug or jar :)  (Don't panic Mum, I will wait until I have moved out to start this little craze)


 The purchase of the day though had to be this little beauty.  I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.  From here it may just look like a small sewing machine ornament however hidden underneath is.............


A pencil sharpener.  It was £3 but I had to have it.  How cute will that look sitting on a craft desk.  The handle turns round making the needle move up and down, already it has kept me amused for ages ha ha.  I sat admiring it the whole drive home, much to James' annoyance I think tee hee.

So it turned out to be a very craft related weekend indeed.

Lots of Love
Gem x x x x

8 comments:

  1. Oh lord will you STOP getting all these bargains please, you are putting me to shame!
    How cool is the pencil sharpener!!!! To match the REAL one James bought you!
    I was telling the husband about that the other day and he reminded me about the shop in Brighton which currently has loads as part of its window display. Gorgeous.
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antiquing is one of my favorite things to do! Such fun : ) Congrats on all your finds!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cotton reels! I have started following you on Pinterest - my user name is the same as my blog. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got the eye for great stuff, Gem! I remember having a pencil sharpener just like that when I was little. Wish I still had it.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first photo bought back memories and I told myself "Oh my God if only I had saved some of the thread rolls my dad used, I could have written some blogs today" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great buys Gem, i love the sewing machine pencil sharpener!
    paul and i have been saying we should pop to battlesbridge soon, may have to twist his arm next week to see what we can find!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pencil sharpener is brilliant! I went to Battlesbridge a month or two ago and I also forgot my camera! It was great- I ended up with a 1920's hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fabulous goodies! I've been meaning to head to Battlesbridge for ages now.

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete