Monday 12 March 2012

A Bloggers Meet

On Sunday I had the pleasure of spending my day with 3 lovely ladies and 1 very lucky guy (to be spending his day with the 4 of us)  You may have come across their blogs before, if you haven't please go and say hello they are all great ladies.  We have been following each others blogs for quite some time now and exchanged emails etc. for months and months so yesterday the day came to actually meet each other in the flesh.

I met with Gemma D from Musings Of A Gem, Gemma H from Little Gem's Diary and Juli from Pretty Little Jewels Jewels.  We are all of a similar age, and have lots in common including names Gem's & Jewels (yes it did get a little confusing to start with but after a while it didn't seem to cause any problems), we all have our names in our blog titles :), we all love crafting & baking, shopping, afternoon tea and lots more.  So what are we to do on a sunny afternoon in London, I'll let the photos show you. 


We stopped off at Liberty.  I had never been here before and had seen it on a few blogs.  Of course after seeing a building like this, who wouldn't want to go there.




Everything about it was just beautiful.



Even the flower stall outside.



Of course we had to use this as an opportunity for the first group shot of us all together, courtesy of Gem D's boyfriend, he became our personal photographer for the day bless him, he didn't seem to mind though which was lucky for us really.

Me, Juli, Gemma H & Gemma D

We had booked a table at SoHo's Secret Tea Room, what better way to spend a Sunday Afternoon than with afternoon tea? 


The food was lovely, and the portions were pretty big.


How sweet is that little cupcake.

Gemma H & Me


Juli, Gemma D & Ian

Gemma H, Me, Juli & Gemma D

The weather was just glorious yesterday and so we made the most of the sunshine after lunch and walked to a little park around the corner for some more photo opportunities.

Juli, Gemma D, Me & Gemma H

Juli & Me

Me & Gemma D

Then it was off to Oxford Street before heading home.

Me, Juli, Hamley's Bear & Gemma H

It really was such an amazing and lovely day, I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed myself, I feel like I have made some great friends in the three of them and I can't wait to meet up again.

It is funny I was a little nervous on the morning of the meet.  It felt strange meeting these people that I know and have read so much about, yet I have never seen them up close and never heard them speak, however after being with them for around five minutes I knew the day would be a good one, we all got on so well it was as if we had been friends for years and with any luck we will be friends for many years to come.  

Thank you ladies for such a great day.  

Lots of Love

Gem x x x x 


10 comments:

  1. I had so much fun!! I see a shopping bag in your hand...what did you buy? Anything nice?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Seems like you had a great time! Mmmmm..cake!!!!!
    Hee hee, so many Gems!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, lovely post! You're all so lovely. Twit twoo! It looks like you had a great day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lush! I had a bloggy meet up today! Must be in the air. Spring, new beginnings, meeting new friends.
    LOVE your top by the way. Gorge.
    Glad you had a lovely day
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were all able to meet face to face. How exciting! And your afternoon tea looked amzazing : )
    Happy for all of you ~

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to Liberty!! its so pretty and especially good when all the easter/christmas bits are out. That soho place is on my bucket list - i must get there this year.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such a fantastic day and so lovely to finally meet you! You are just as lovely in person! I can't wait to meet up again soon! I love the photos you took! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like the perfect day! I love it when I get to meet fellow bloggers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gem,
    Just came over from Julie's blog and what a sweet meet up all had! Seems that you girls had so much fun. Hope you al have a chance to meet up again soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you girls had a fabulous time! I'm so glad you were all able to meet up........ and with your very own personal photographer LOL

    ReplyDelete