Wednesday 11 January 2017

Currently

Currently Feeling:

I have to say I'm currently feeling pretty good about life.  I'm loving the feeling of a new year and a fresh start and I'm determined to make it a good one.  I feel a sense of calm around me even though there is still so much going on, somehow I've managed to take the approach of letting it all wash over me and it feels good.


Currently Watching:

The Harry Potter films.  So far I've only got as far as the first 2 films but am hoping to have watched them all by the end of the month.
I've also found a re-born love of Big Brother.  Having not watched any of it for the past 4 years I just happened to catch the start of the latest celebrity series and am shamefully saying that I'm enjoying it.

Currently Reading:

Back in September I started reading Cecelia Ahern's Time of My Life, then I put it down as I just couldn't find it in me to sit and read.  I'm currently on page 117, so yeah that's going well.  But I have picked it up again and hope to have it finished soon.  I really want to allow myself more time for reading this year, but I shan't be putting any pressure on myself.  I intend to just go with the flow this year and do a bit of what I fancy, as and when.


Currently Planning:

Lots of get together's with friends.  I really want to make as much time for my friends this year as possible.  Not having one big group of friends does make this tricky as it means having to arrange lots of separate meet ups but I have started the ball rolling and am looking forward to some fun and exciting adventures ahead. 

I've also been debating whether or not to arrange a party for my impending 30th birthday later this year.  I do love planning things but am not sure how comfortable I feel knowing the focus will be on me.  Maybe I should just throw caution to the wind and go for it, besides it isn't every day you turn 30 is it!  I'll keep you posted on this one.

Currently Wearing:

Bit of an unusual topic for me to talk about as I've never really been a huge fan of fashion but I have been taking full advantage of the latest sales and after quite a bit of weight loss at the end of last year (size 14 to a size 8, thank you divorce, I'll take that),  I have been enjoying updating my wardrobe.  My current favourites are my new converse, ripped boyfriend  jeans and a cute black jumper embroidered with flowers.


So currently things are good in my world.  What's going on in yours?

~ Gem x 

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving this series of CBB, I'm always a fan of the show but this year I'm particularly loving it.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been watching it religiously like I used to, but I have been really enjoying what I have seen of it so far x x

      Delete
  2. Hope you find more time for reading and enjoying it this year. Sounds as though it is going to be a good start to a new year for you. Hope that whatever you do for your birthday it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so far so good this week on the reading front. Fingers crossed it will be a great year, definitely better thn last anyway x x

      Delete
  3. Yyyyeeeeeh, do it! The birthday party I mean!!! I don't have one big group of friends either so I find it hard to meet up with people! Your new jumper and shoes are pretty! Wow, size 14 to 8- that's a big loss- hope you are taking care of yourself! I'm intending to reread all the Harry Potters this year! Great minds!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing it :) The wheels are in motion and the great thing is, I have plenty of time to plan it all.
      I'm feeling really great, plus its been a good excuse for some shopping x x

      Delete