Friday 6 January 2017

Roseberry Topping

I'm determined not to loose my connection with the countryside.  I'm not going to lie, I miss waking up everyday looking out over open fields, but if anything it makes me appreciate it that little bit more when I get opportunities to explore it once again. 


This past week was no exception when I headed up north and took the time to walk up Roseberry Topping. 


I'd heard a lot about it and was keen to check it out for myself but wasn't entirely sure what to expect.  Perhaps this was the best way to go at it. 


From the bottom it appeared to be a steep walk up a rather large hill.  Halfway up my opinion was much the same, but it felt good to be in the fresh air and getting that heart pumping.  From the top, wow, I was blown away.  The view was stunning.




After a short rest we made our way back down the other side and headed out into the moors.




It truly was breathtakingly beautiful and I felt amazing being at one with the countryside once more. 



I'm hoping it won't be much longer till I'm reunited with the country life once again.

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, you certainly took us on a lovely stroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a beautiful walk x x

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures, there are so many beautiful National Trust places to visit arent there. I dont think I take advantage of my membership enough x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There are, sadly not many round where I live but they are always a pleasure to visit when I'm exploring other parts of the country x x

      Delete