Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Eden Project

Somewhere I have wanted to visit for years now is The Eden Project so as soon as we had agreed to go to Cornwall I ordered our tickets to visit straight away. 


It looked set to be another miserable day and it was really misty out.  When we first arrived you couldnt see the biodomes, it was crazy.


We spent a bit of time wandering around some of the outside exhibits.  It looked as though it was going to rain again so we wanted to get as much of it done as we could.



As the rain began to fall we headed into the Rainforest.


It was hot in there, very hot, but it felt good.  I had almost forgotten what that had felt like, it's been so long since I have experienced a hot climate.


There were some beautiful flowers in there but it was mostly trees and greenery, not what I had expected.


One thing I did like though was the lookout platform which is suspended from the top of the dome, hanging 165 foot high off the ground.


The view from the top was great, especially the view of the waterfall.


After exploring all that the Rainforest had to offer we walked over to the Mediterranean dome.


I loved the cut flower exhibit and would love one just like it in my own garden.


It would be perfect for my flower arranging course.


The rain had now stopped so we headed back on outside to finish off exploring the outside gardens.  


It was like walking through a typical English country garden.


It was a great opportunity to try out the different settings on my camera too.


Yes there should be another dome in this picture.  The mist was really bad when we left, it was as if there was nothing there, crazy!


Overall I was a little dissappointed with the place.  I'm glad we went as it is somewhere I have wanted to go for years, so at least now I can say I've been.  It just wasn't as good as I had prepared myself for it to be.  Never mind.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. The outside parts were my favourite when i went a few years ago, such lovely flowers, but I was quite disappointed with it all as well. Such a shame..looking forward to the next Cornwall post :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is somewhere i'd like to go too. Was it expensive?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete