Wednesday 18 July 2012

Boscastle

So our last full day in Cornwall, you will be pleased to know these posts will soon be coming to an end.  We woke to glorious sunshine.  We took a short drive to Boscastle after it had been recommended by a few people. 



It really is a beautiful place.  The river running through the village is so picturesque.




And the houses are gorgeous.


Wouldn't you love to live somewhere like this.  Although the village has not been without it's disasters.  this place was once washed away, not so long ago.  It's crazy to think how much damage water can do.


The harbour area is protected by The National Trust.  It was stunning.


After wandering around we stopped off for a bite to eat.  This place looked so lovely and inviting.


Such a lovely tea room.


And check out this view.


I loved the atmosphere of this place.  The finishing touches really made it for me.  The fresh flowers on the table were a lovely touch.


Now being in Cornwall and a lover of cream tea's I think you all know what I ordered.


It was delish.  So fresh and it was warm as though it had just come out the oven.


I've no idea if I have done the cream and jam the right way round but either way it tasted great and was well worth the visit.

~ Gem x

6 comments:

  1. Awww Lovely boscastle! You did your scones the same way that I do it...that's the traditional devonshire method..the cornish method is the other way around..apparently!

    Lovely pictures

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my scones that way but the Cornish do it jam first ;)

    Did you visit the witchcraft museum in Boscastle? That is a facinating place - even my teenagers enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place Gem. I love Cornwall and I really want to live there one day. I would truly love to live in one of those houses and think I would need much more pennies!
    It is such a beautiful and atmospheric place, really wonderful.
    Your cream tea looks great and what a lovely tea room. I bet you've ha da great time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a clean and beautiful place to visit. Thanks for taking us along with you! Enjoyed it immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved boscastle. Poured of rain and very windy when we went

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to Boscastle but was staying nearby in Stokeinteignmouth at the time of the floods there! It really was horrendous! Glad to see it has recovered now! xx

    ReplyDelete