Tuesday 24 July 2012

Lordship Tea Room

A couple of weeks ago now I was able to visit another tea room.  A lot sooner in fact than I thought I would get to another one, which was an added bonus.  This time Myself and my Mum made a visit to The Tiptree Lordship Tea Room in Writtle.  It is located in the grounds of Writtle college. 

I must say I do like the Tiptree Tea Rooms, they have been by far the best ones we have been to so far.  From the outside it gave me the impression of a stable like building.


Inside was just as pleasant, with high ceilings and wooden beams.  The decor was very similar to the Tiptree tea room in Dedham, but I like that, it kind of unites all the tea rooms as one.


We ordered a cream tea each (of course, what else would you expect from me?!)


It was yummy.  A lovely fresh, warm scone complete with Tiptree jam and delicious clotted cream.


It was a Tuesday afternoon when we visited and was surprisingly busy considering we had missed the lunchtime rush.  We managed to find a table, although it did take a while for someone to take our order, after walking past us on numerous occasions.  The staff were friendly though and they work very hard.  You never see them standing around doing nothing, they are always on the go.   As soon as we had placed our order the service was quick and couldn't be faulted.  


I would definitely go back and I would  recommend it to anyone else, should they be in the area.  It is well worth a visit.

Love Gem x x x x

1 comment:

  1. Was just saying to my mum the other day that we must get to this one soon. Think I said to u before that we tried it before it was done up. Xx

    ReplyDelete