Tuesday 10 July 2012

Cornwall

A couple of weeks ago now me and James spent a week in Cornwall.  Surprise, surprise the weather wasn't on top form.  We managed to dodge the showers but it meant that our days out were very dependant on the weather.  As we weren't really able to spend time on the beaches we spent a lot of time driving from place to place.  I'm going to break my posts up over the next week or so into the places we visited, bite sized chunks.


We stayed in Newquay.  The hotel was lovely, very grand and I would stay there again.  It is just a shame really about Newquay itself.  I wasn't too impressed.  It was OK but not really our sort of place but was ideal as a base, and that is exactly what we used it for.


We were lucky enough to have a sea view from our room.  One thing I loved about Cornwall was the sea.  It was just so clear, nothing like the sea I'm used to seeing in other destinations around the UK.  By far the best part of Newquay is the beaches, I miss seeing it every day.



The one thing I don't miss though are the seagulls.   Pesky things.


Well more downpours today, I'm in the middle of a thunderstorm right now.  Let's hope tomorrow is a brighter day.

~ Gem x

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Newquay,we LOVE Cornwall and being in Devon means we pop down as often as we can,though Newquay isn't really 'proper' Cornwall is it?Ooh have I just offended every 'Cornwallian' out there...what are people who live in Cornwall called?
    Warm Wishes,
    Callie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 25 years ago, my husband and I lived just up the coast from Newquay for a couple of years. I miss not being able to see the sea each day. Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you stay at the headland perchance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and ment to say , we always stayed in Newquay, it used to be so lovely but now it's pretty rough, such a shame. I like to stay in padstow now. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry! We who live in Cornwall also hate what has happened to Newquay. It is the Mecca for drunken louts and out-of-control idiots who have no thought for other people or property.

    ReplyDelete