Friday 19 February 2016

Would You Rather ~ Book Edition

After seeing this little book related blog post idea over on Sophie's blog, I just knew that I had to join in.  I love books and really enjoy reading.  I just wish I had more time to be able to enjoy this past time.  So without further ado here are my would you rather answers.

1. Read only trilogies or stand alones?
I've never read a trilogy of books.  There I've said it.  the whole thought of all those pages just puts me off somewhat.  I find it really daunting and much prefer a quick and easy read (my interpretation of quick though is not what most would expect). 

2. Read only male or female authors?
For me it really doesn't make any odds who has written the book.  I have read many books that I have really enjoyed that have been written by both male and female authors.  I wouldn't ever pick a book purely on the basis of whether it was written by a man or woman however my top 3 favourite authors are all women so make of that what you will.


3.  Shop at a book shop or Amazon?
Price is a big impact for me when buying books and I will admit to borrowing from a library or buying from a charity shop just to keep the cost down (I know, I'm every authors worst nightmare right!) But the thought of loosing book shops really saddens me.  It makes me think of the film 'You've got Mail' with the little book shop around the corner.  Get's me every time.

4. All books become films or TV shows?
Purely for time reasons i would have to answer films.  If i fell in love with a book I know i'd get caught up watching a TV series and with not enough time to do everything that i want to do as it is, adding more fuel to the fire would just finish me.  i'm a sucker for temptation too so I know I wouldn't be able to resist.  Whereas a film tends to last around and hour and a half, I could easily fit this into my week.  plus as i mentioned in my blog post the other day, there are some really great books that have since become films.


5. Read five pages a day or five books a week?
I would so love to be able to answer five books a week, oh how I would.  But I just never have the time, I'm lucky if I achieve five pages a day.  When I used to commute daily into London I would easily read a few books a month which I was happy with, but as soon as the commuting stopped so did the reading. 

6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
Would it be greedy to answer both?  I would so love to write my own book someday.  But surely as an author you would need to do your research and what better way of doing that than by reading and reviewing books of a similar subject written by fellow competitors.  If i'm only allowed one answer though it would definitely have to be author.  

7. Only read your top 20 books or only ever read new books?
Hands down, new books.  I don't think I have ever read the same book twice.  There are so many incredible books out there and many more new ones yet to come. My favourite books change regularly (by regularly I mean every year).  Of course there are the firm favorites, but new ones are always being added to my list.  So if I were to just stick to the top 20 I have now, imagine how many incredible books I would miss out on.

8. Be a librarian or book seller?
A book seller.  Again I'm picturing the little book shop around the corner from 'You've got Mail'  I would love to have a little shop like that in the heart of a community *sigh* Perfect.

9. Only read you favourite genre, or read every genre except your favourite?
I would stick with my favourite as I tend to do most for the time anyway.  You kind of know what you are getting.  It's like a safe little haven.  There are times when i will stray from the sidewalk if a book has been recommended to me and 9 times out of 10 it's a good move but i always steer back to chick lit.  It's just such a feel good easy to read kind of story line.  Plus I'm a sucker for a mushy romance.   

10. Only read physical books or only read e-books.
I'd like to think I would never be tempted by an e-book.  Yes it is 2016, and I know many people would disagree with me here, but nothing beats the feeling of holding a book in your hands.  Feeling the pages between your fingers.  Being able to sniff the pages, and look at the cover of a physical book.  
  
I'd love to hear if you decided to join in with this one or even just leave some of your answers below, I like to be nosy.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. I will totally do this!!! Great book post. I'm the same about e book readers. I was actually offered a kindle for £10 but I decided I didn't want one. Oops, I've bought about 7books this week in Northumberland-2 from a charity shop and five from an excellent independent bookshop in Corbridge!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought you would like this one. £10 is a bargain, but I would have declined it too, nothing beats a proper book in your hand. I'm actually on a book buying ban at the moment, I have so many unread books and as it takes me so long to read them now, it's going to take me forever to get through what I have let alone buying more x x

      Delete