Monday 22 February 2016

Winter or Spring

I always find this time of year a bit of an odd one.  It's that in-between stage where I'm not quite sure whether we're still in the throws of winter or whether spring has sprung upon us.

I mean, I know that Spring doesn't officially begin until the 20th March, however seeing trees adorned with blossom and daffodils that have begun to bloom from beneath the cold ground certainly gives me that spring like feeling.  But then there is still that chilly blast of air that blows as soon as you step out through the door and into the cold.  And we're still getting those frosty starts to the day, scraping the ice from the car windscreen.


I feel ready for a fresh start and new beginnings.  I get that feeling every spring as the gardens spring to life and colour can be seen everywhere we turn.  I've already begun the spring cleaning, clearing out cupboards and drawers and giving the house a real deep clean.  Although those cosy days and evenings spent indoors wrapped in a blanket with the candles lit are still very welcomed.

I think it's safe to say I'm still very much undecided on the season front.  I'll just continue to enjoy it for what it is and hope for warmer weather to come soon.

Have a great week.

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. It is only February. By the time March arrives Spring will be THERe in full force. Mind you - do you remember how cold it was the week I was in the UK last year? I think we were all really bundled up for the trip to Columbia Road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I'm craving warmer weather now. Yes it was very cold that week, I remember it well, a day I won't forget in a hurry, it was lovely meeting you. Then again we have been known to get snow in April so the cold weather may be with us for a while yet x x

      Delete
  2. I'm the same, one minute I'm thinking of spring cleaning the next I'm cranking up the heating and refusing to leave the house!! Not long now till March is here X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been embracing both the cleaning and the heating haha. I do love having a clean, tidy and organised home x x

      Delete