Wednesday 30 March 2016

Freshwinds Camping

Did you all have a lovely Easter?  The weather was a bit of mixed bag.  Beautiful warmth and sunshine on Friday and then it kind of just went downhill from there with the arrival of storm Katie.  We spent our weekend back at Freshwinds Campsite, thankfully staying in their Shepherds Hut, I don't think I could have coped in a tent. 




It was beautiful and cosy in there with the stove burning away.  In fact at times it was too hot, but I wasn't going to complain.


On Saturday night it poured with rain, boy did it rain.  I don't know about you, but I find there is something quite special about sitting and watching the rain from the warmth of inside.  


When it wasn't raining we spent time on the farm.  We had hoped to see some lambs being born, but sadly there were none.  I'm so grateful for the experience we had lambing last year, I'll never forget it.  

The cows seemed happy enough with the extra attention though.



And when we needing warming up after hanging out on the farm, cups of tea were enjoyed back in the shepherd's hut.


It was a lovely weekend and great to catch up with our friends who's farm it is.  Hopefully we will be back again soon to see some new arrivals.

~ Gem x 

4 comments:

  1. Wow Gem this looks amazing! I'd love to stay in one of these! I have an old caravan and I couldn't agree with you more about the rain coming down when it's all cosy inside, simply the best! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great place, I've lost count now how many times we've visited now, but I really love it here.
      It is such a calming and relaxing feeling, kind of exhilarating if that's the right word for it x x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post...the shepherd's hut looks so cosy!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, it was super cosy x x

      Delete