Monday 23 January 2012

Upholstered Footstool Workshop

On Saturday myself and my mum had booked up to go on an Upholstered Footstool workshop.  We were both really looking forward to it and were not disappointed on the day.

Not only were we going to be covering the footstool but actually making it as well, I was very impressed and even more excited after learning this.

The equipment all laid out and my chosen fabric ready to start work.

Gluing the second layer of padding onto the wood.


Covering in polyester

And trimming the edges.

Cover with a firm and thick layer of material.

Following with chosen material, then adding some material to the bottom to make it look neat and tidy.

Mum stapling on her fabric.

Then screw the legs onto the bottom and there you have it, a completed footstool.

I am so pleased with my finished product.  I may take the legs off and paint them white but I'm not too sure just yet.  What do you think I should do?

So easy to make and such a great idea for gifts.  Plus I learnt something new so something to cross off my winter list :)

I have started my new job today, so far so good.  I am currently at home on my lunch break, yes I said it, at home on my lunch break.  I Know I can't quite believe it myself.

Back tomorrow with how I spent my Sunday .

Love Gem x x x x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely!! I would love to have a go at that. I think you could paint the legs a white or off white colour.

    Good luck for the rest of your afternoon : )

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely Gem and yes, I would have to paint the legs white too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fabric, looks lovely on the footstool - I agree, white legs would look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fun! And a great result too. I would be tempted to paint the legs white.

    ReplyDelete