Saturday 21 January 2012

A Great Send Off

I worked my last day in London on Thursday.  They made sure I received a good send off and I received some lovely gifts.

This gorgeous Laura Ashley Christmas Cushion.



I love the details and the different fabrics used on this cushion.  The person who bought it for me knows how much I love Christmas and sewing, so thought this would be perfect for me, even though Christmas has been and gone (well for 11 months at least).  She was so right and I absolutely love this cushion, I can't wait to be able to use it next Christmas.
I received some great books.  I was actually going to buy one of them, she knows my taste well :P  The other I wouldn't usually have bought for myself but I'm really looking forward to reading it - I like reading something different and the series on BBC looks great.


How cute is this little beauty?



She is so pretty, the colours are so me.  It makes me wonder if I am really that predictable, either that or everyone just knows me really, really well.

There was also a collection and from that I was given:

Some books on the language of flowers - this could come in handy for the wedding flowers ;)

A fab calendar full of photos of me and my colleagues

This is just one of them - I love this gift, it is brilliant.

I was also given some Amazon vouchers.  How lucky am I?  What fab presents and even more I have so many brilliant memories of my time working with such a great team of people.  I will miss them all but know I will be keeping in touch with most of them still, so things are not too bad.

Love Gem x x x x

8 comments:

  1. What lovely gifts! I'd definitely like that cushion! It's lovely when colleagues really know you! Good luck for the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a question Gem - I tried clicking on the pic for the snail garden giveaway to find out about it - it says the page is unavailable???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presents Gem, and good luck with the new job next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely - and good luck for the future!

    BTW my blog love swap partner has been in touch so we both have each others details so we are good to go!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..that Laura Ashely pillow is just BEAUTIFUL! Have a BEAUTIFUL sunday, my friend!

    Kristin♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are lucky to have worked with such lovely people. They really gave you some wonderful parting gifts.

    Good luck with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gem,
    Congratulations on all of your changes ahead. Seems like an exciting time for you. You are lucky to have had such generous co-workers! Love the Laura Ashely pillow!!!
    Hope all is well : )
    Danielle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. very lucky!! that cushion is fab. i'd love to know if you enjoy reading breakfast at darcy as its on my list of things to read xx

    ReplyDelete