Wednesday 18 January 2012

Moving On

Don't panic I'm not saying goodbye to my blog.  I am saying goodbye to my current job.  I have been here now for 2 years and it is time to move on.  I am looking to be able to develop myself and improve but at the same time quality of life and time to spend with friends and family, crafting and planning for my future.  it is something I had thought about for a long time and the time came to hand in my resignation and say goodbye.  Tomorrow will be my last day and I'm sure a very sad day.

I am privileged to work with a great team of very amazing people who have all taught me a lot over the past 2 years and have helped to to grow as a person becoming who I am today.  I am definitely a lot more confident now and not the shy little quiet girl in the corner (that girl seems long gone now hehee) 

I have been taking the opportunity to look around me at my surrounding where the office is based.  I am pleased to have had the opportunity to experience these sights in a way I have never experienced them before.  I had thought I would begin to take them for granted but still to this day I love gazing out the window and soaking it all in and taking walks at lunch time, I am going to miss that.  I guess no matter how much I dream of a country life there will always be a bit of a city chick living inside me. 










I went out for my leaving drinks this evening.  Until now it hasn't really felt as though I am leaving but as I have now emptied my desk and the last day looms ever closer it is starting to sink in.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about it all.  I know I am glad to be leaving but I am sad for those that I am leaving behind.  I have met such great people many of whom I know I will stay in touch with.

Thanks for reading,

Love Gem x x x x x

8 comments:

  1. It sounds cliche' but as one door closes another opens. Here's to new adventures.

    BTW - I'm drooling over those views...and of course the phone booth...still love that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a big change to make! But change is good - just think of the adventures you will have in the next phase of your life.
    BTW - I love seeing your photos of London. London is my favourite city on the planet and your images help me re-live my journeys there over the last few years. Can't wait to see it again in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a nice last day and don't cry too much!!!

    Good luck with your new job!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gem, good luck with what you intend to do next. I live and work in London and it's suprising how you take the sights you see for granted. Thanks for sharing your pics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great when you take a moment to look around where you work in London. I'm sure I never really appreciate it!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your new adventure. I hope that everything works out for you. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gem, Thanks for taking the time to take & post the photos of London.... I'm not sure if I will ever make it over there, so it's lovely to see some photos of it here. Love, Hugs & Good Wishes from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post! I would miss wandering around London too! I hope your first day went really well today! xx

    ReplyDelete