Friday 6 January 2012

Finishing Touches

January always seems to be such a grey month.  For some reason I haven't noticed it this year.  Things seem to be going well for me and I must say, I'm loving it. 
There are some small things making me smile at the moment, just a few little finishing touches I have added to things to finish them off nicely.  I thought I'd share them with you today.

Firstly using an old spaghetti jar to house all my pretty cupcake cases, I have seen this method used in a few places now and thought it seemed such a shame to hide away all that beautiful colour so they are now kept here.

I have even used the pretty heart that was in my Magic Ball Swap parcel sent from Pj at The Snail Garden just to pretty it up even more.


Something else from Pj were these gorgeous paper roses on wire.  I have wound the wire round my mannequin and I just love it, it really adds a bit of colour to it, I'm really pleased with the transformation even though it is only small.



Finally a little make for you.  And my first make for 2012.  I will be using this for Annie's Make A Month.  I have used an old travel sweets tin and added some paper from a magazine that I quite liked the look of, and a good old bit of modge podge (gotta love that stuff) I have then stuck on some buttons and other crafting realted items included some card making bits and pieces and some ribbon.



And there you have it, a cute little craft tin to use for buttons or pins.  I have not yet decided what I wil use it for but it was so easy to create and I'm really pleased with the finished product. 


I'm feeling rather quite organised this month, not a bad start to the year at all.

~ Gem x

12 comments:

  1. Really cute tin gem...great idea!

    Happy Friday : )

    You got anything planned for the weekend?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo stealing that cupcake case storage idea, Mine are in a tin and drive me nuts! (obviously I'm not that far in my declutering lol!)
    I Will post a picture of the tidy cupboard next friday, I haven't finished yet lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sweet blog,im now a followerx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the cupcakes cases in spaghetti jar to and still haven't done it. Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to be doing that today x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic finishing touches Gem! I love the jar for cupcake cases! I might have to do this too! And I would love to make a little tin like that too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have a great knack of making things look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of keeping my cupcake cases that way! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh so cute Gemma!!!! I LOVE your tin! I've been recently trying to make old tins and boxes into pretty boxes to house presents (in fact, it was ultimately inspired by that first button bracelt I made you- I made button earrings for about 5 people this Christmas and made them tins to put them in, covered in buttons!) If only I had discovered the wonder of jump rings when I made yours, then it might have been a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tin Gem, I'm looking forward to seeing your other makes throughout the year. What a great way to use those roses. :) Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab idea with the cake cases. Love the make. You've not done too badly either for the first month. Lets see how long we can keep it up! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post... so glad to hear you have had a good start to the year! I am loving your little crafty tin make... so creative and the results are super!!
    Happy new year to you xxx

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tin looks great, and I love that idea for showing off the pretty cake cases! The roses on the mannequin look lovely too - what great finishing touches!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete