Saturday 28 January 2012

An Afternoon On The Prom

OK so it is time to get my butt into gear.  I am slowly getting settled into my new job, the people are all so lovely but I have to admit to missing all my old colleagues loads.  It has been a bit of a strange week what with starting the new job and then my Grandad passing away and making funeral arrangements but I cannot sit and dwell on what has been and need to look forward and concentrate on what is to come.
I was supposed to be blogging about what I got up to on Sunday (last weekend) so thought I would begin with that today.

It was a lovely sunny day, very cold but very sunny.  Me and James decided to go to Maldon for the afternoon.





We had a lovely walk around the park and the prom, looking at all our surroundings.


And of course there was time for some chips.  Those chips were delicious.  After wandering for a little while we decided to sit down so we could enjoy the chips and the view.




After walking further it was time to warm up in one of the local pubs.  The pub was very busy so no photos of inside but I managed to get a few of the outside.

from the front

from the back

the front entrance again

the door to the tap room

We had a lovely day and really should do things like this more often.  It doesn't have to cost a lot to enjoy a day like this, in fact it doesn't really have to cost anything.

Love Gem x x x x

7 comments:

  1. I love Maldon. The boys like to play on the big boat in the sand. And I haven't been to the blue boar for years but you have just reminded me I used to go there for Sunday roasts as a kid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely there! You are right...nice days our don't have to cost anything. A simple walk and beautiful scenery is all I need : )

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day out. The chips look delish and the pub, very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to Maldon for years. When my kids were little, we'd drive down to spend the day out in Promenade Park. It was great there. A man-made beach with a swimming lake and a fabulous park to play with their scooters and roller skates.

    Ah ........ memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maldon! I haven't been there for years which is silly as I often go to Danbury which isn't that far!!! You've inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very jealous.it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like it that I have to read your blog to know what you are up to GemStar :(

    But thank you for posting a pic of those chips (#Iamatotallfoodieandproudtoadmitit)
    p.s.MIssing you loads xx

    ReplyDelete