Sunday 22 January 2012

A Holiday Greeting In January

Back in December I signed up to Redhead Reverie's holiday card swap.  I cannot tell you how excited I was.  I have watched so many American films where the family get together to have the family photo taken ready for their annual Christmas card.  I was all over this, much to James' annoyance hehee.

We both sent off our cards with a couple of gifts bought locally.  The gifts weren't the original intention but as I like in the UK and she lives in the USA it seemed like a lovely idea.

I received my parcel yesterday, and although it was for Christmas I was so excited to open it up to see what was inside.


I love the little snowman, in the typical black and gold colours, go Hawkeye's - if you check out the Redhead Reverie blog you will totally understand this.  The holiday card was fab again in black and gold, with a family update on the reverse.  One of the chocolate lolly's has already been eaten it was delish, and I cannot wait to try the popcorn.

It was  a great and simple swap, I love being able to have my very own holiday card and gathering together a little taste of London to send across the ocean. 

Back tomorrow with an update of the weekend.

Love Gem x x x x

1 comment:

  1. lovely lovely lovely!!

    It's so great to do a swap- smiles all round- you and I may need to do one soon when I need a fix from ol'Blighty!!

    Melissa- Miss Sew & So xxx

    ReplyDelete