Friday 1 January 2016

January's Bucket List

Happy New Year to you all.  2016 has arrived.  A new year, a blank page, a fresh start in this new chapter in the book called life.


I always find January a bit of an unusual month following everything that is involved with Christmas.  The weather can be a bit glum, the bank accounts rather empty and the general feeling a bit meh, however I'm determined for that not to be the case this year (although the weather is out of my control).

A few things I want to work on this month and potentially continue through the rest of the year are:

De-Clutter - An obvious one for many in January, but I really want to start clearing out some of the crap that has accumulated in our home over the past few years.  A clearer home makes for a clearer mind too right! 

Become more organised - I guess this goes hand in hand with the previous task of de-cluttering.  I'm really wanting to get myself set up ready for the year ahead.  I'm talking planning blog posts, getting all of my cards for birthdays ready for the year ahead, just little things to make life a little easier. 


Stop putting off those boring and nagging tasks - I'm the worst for this.  I know something needs doing but because I don't fancy it I keep putting it off.  It usually turns out that once I eventually get round to doing it, it's not all that bad so this month I want to get some of those nagging jobs crossed off my to do list both at home and in work. 

Take a long walk - a nice stroll to blow away those cobwebs.

Buy myself flowers - I do love having fresh flowers around the home so after all of that de-cluttering it will be nice to fill the place with pretty little bunches.

Begin making plans for the year ahead - I'm a planner, I love organising things and it's always good to meet up with friends and on the same token to make new acquaintances, so this is something I'm wanting to achieve this month.

I know it's a bit of a boring list this month but they are things that are important to me and I'm hoping once the housekeeping is completed I can crack on and enjoy the rest of the year in all it's glory with a few exciting things to achieve each month.

Here's hoping 2016 is a good one for you.

~ Gem x

* I have worked in partnership with www.furniture-work.co.uk for this post, however all words and opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I think these are totally attainable tasks, Gem. I have been buying myself flowers every 10 days or so for about a year. I, too, find they bring joy and colour during these cold, grey month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the little things hey :)
    Happy New Year Bronwyn x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! I want more flowers in the flat too :) and walks!!! We should arrange a blogger hike haha x
    Http://Lifebylaurax.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the sound of this Laura not a bad idea at all x x

      Delete