Wednesday 6 January 2016

An Alternative List of New Years Resolutions for 2016

Let's not beat around the bush here, new years resolutions very rarely ever come to anything.  We've all done it, racked our brains for things we want to change and vowed that this year will be the year we do it.  Then we find ourselves getting down by the end of the year and feeling like a failure.  Why do we do it to ourselves?


Back in September I set myself a few goals.  Have I achieved any of them yet?  Well as it goes a few of them have been crossed off which has surprised me.  My year isn't up for this list either, so I still have time to achieve what is left.  Although I've already accepted that one for sure is un-achievable now, but hey, that's life, I shan't lose any sleep over it.  


For the start to 2016 I've decided to do something a little different.  Rather than setting myself more goals of habits I'd like to break and new things I'd like to learn I thought Id take a look at places I'd like to visit instead.  Much more achievable don't you think.

* The Emma Bridgewater Factory

* Hedingham Castle

* Hampton Court Palace Flower Show

* A Lavender Farm

* National Trust's Paycocke's House

* Krakow, Poland

Whether I will get to see them all is another thing altogether, but one every couple of months seems doable if you ask me.  I wanted to keep to a fairly short list just to make it a little easier to manage, either way it's better than a list of habits I'd like to break but know I never will.


Have you set yourself any resolutions or have you decided to do something a little different this year too?

~ Gem x 

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of visits, that's certainly one to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot more enjoyable than your usual resolutions too x

      Delete
  2. Ooo an Emma Bridgewater factory?? Didn't know there was such a thing! I'll have to have a look into that one x

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do a factory tour and you can paint your own piece of pottery too, I've seen so many people's visits through Instagram and would love to check it out myself x x

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of these kind of resolutions. We're off to Bletchley Park this year after years of saying we'll go and not getting around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo now this is somewhere else I'd like to visit. There are just so many lovely places in this country, we're spoilt for choice x

      Delete
  4. Great list of things "to do." There are so many wonderful places to see in the UK - your could do this list and have thousands more to see and do! I hope you can achieve all your goals, Gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there will be many other places added as the year goes by, we are spoilt for choice here in the UK but these were the main places that were standing out for me in my mind x x

      Delete