Friday 29 January 2016

A Reverse Bucket List

You hear so often of bucket lists and the things people want to achieve before it's too late, but what about the things that have already been achieved?  The things already done, the places already visited.  I thought I'd share a few of the things I've already crossed off from my bucket list.

Got Married.
I feel this is quite an achievement.  Something that so many people don't seem to do nowadays but I am so pleased that I have, I wouldn't change it for the world and couldn't be happier to be married to the man of my dreams.  


Been Parascending From The Back Of A Boat.
After convincing James to do it with me, as he was a bit wary being afraid of heights.  He loved it and it turned out I as the one feeling nervous as we were being dragged along over the sea.

Viewed New York From Above.
My first holiday with James was to New York over ten years ago now, where does the time go?  Of course we had to go up to the top of the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Centre, we did one in daylight and one at night to get the two different comparisons.



Swam With Dolphins.  
In all honesty I'm really glad this is something I've done already as I'm not so sure it's something I would do now if ever I were given the opportunity due to all the media around Seaworld in recent times.  However I had a great time doing so and the staff really seemed to care for the dolphins and they seemed happy, I hope they were happy.


Been To The Top Of The Eiffel Tower.  
I didn't see all that much of Paris itself, I was on a college trip to Disneyland Paris and a small group of us decided to venture out to see the Eiffel Tower, I'm glad we did, the view was incredible.  

Traveled To Some Amazing Places.
I'm very fortunate to have been on some fantastic holidays.  My first full time job was as a travel agent so that obviously came with it's perks.  But, growing up my parents took us to Orlando a fair few times and also on a tour of the west coast in America, that was quite an experience.


I'm sure there are other things I could of included in this post and cross off my list, but right now I'd say I'm overthinking it.  Even still I'm pretty happy with that list and no doubt there are plenty more exciting adventures to come in life.

~ Gem

4 comments:

  1. These sound great well done Gem! :) I can't wait to get married this year and I would love to visit NYC! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie. Can't wait to see the photos :) I love looking at people's weddings, in fact I love anything related to weddings full stop x x

      Delete
  2. You have done some really cool things!!! I agree about the marriage thing! I feel it too esp as I.am the most awkward and shy person when it comes to relationships and many more reasons!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most magical day ever hey :) x x x

    ReplyDelete