Monday 4 January 2016

2015 A Year In Review

I've never been much of a fan of  new years.  I would happily take it or leave it.  However one thing that I do like about this particular time of year is looking back on the year and reflecting on everything I've done.


At first thought I didn't really feel as though I had done all that much this year but taking a closer look, each month tells me otherwise.  


January


January as with every year was a quiet month spent pottering at home.  De-cluttering after Christmas and filling the home with the fresh scent of flowers.  If only I could get a job as a professional potterer, now that's something I'd be really good at.

February


The month of February included a day out in London for a visit to The Shard followed by a trip underground at Aldwych station.  We enjoyed a couple of meals out  and I was excited to receive a few little purchases for myself including my Home-Broidery by the lovely Sarah and my gorgeous bracelet engraved with the words to A Thousand Year's by Christina Perri (the song to which I walked down the aisle to last year).

March

Possibly the most eventful month from this past year.  I got to finally meet the lovely Bronwyn from Queen B Creative Me blog, we paid a visit to the gorgeous Columbia Road Flower Market and finished off with tea and cake at a cute little tea shop.  Myself and James spent a weekend helping out our friends on their farm with the lambing season (one of the best experiences of my life).  I also had the great opportunity to spend the day with Jane Means on one of her gift wrapping courses, such a lovely lady and a fantastic course, I learnt so much.

April


A day out at Audley End House.  A spot of baking (a recipe I've been eyeing up for a few years now, well worth the wait in my opinion) Afternoon tea And lots of daffodils, such bright and happy flowers.

May


A break away to Spain, James was working away so I tagged along for the ride, beautiful coastline and a stunning botanical garden.  Afternoon tea with a good friend and grey days out in the garden. 

June


I took part in the Cancer Research Pretty Muddy run with my brother's girlfriend which was really good fun, it's always nice to have a bit of a challenge in life and even more so to do something a little different to your usual.  A few evenings were spent as part of a community project building a garden at our local hospital.  Drives out in the Land Rover were had and summery afternoons were enjoyed outdoors.

July


I've wanted to visit Kew Gardens for some time and back in July I finally got round to it while celebrating my birthday with my mum and brother's girlfriend.  The circus came to town and myself and James got away for a week to Jersey

August


A day out on the Bluebell Railway with our cute little page boy.  We were blessed with beautiful sunsets.  I spent some more time baking, this time with apples.  A pretty keepsake plate purchase was made.  Celebrations were had at a friends wedding and regular visits from a hare were enjoyed during August.

September

Sunflowers, a field full of sunflowers were admired and photographed.  Relaxing evenings with plenty of candlelight were had as the nights began to draw in.  Another beautiful wedding was attended.  A new tea room discovered in Harrow On The Hill and lots of tea and cake consumed.  The fireplace got a little makeover.  Plus more blue skies and stunning sunsets were enjoyed.

October


Another month another wedding.  A month filled with lots of pumpkins including a visit to the pumpkin patch.  A day at the Cake and Bake Show held in London's Excel Centre.  Our first wedding anniversary celebrated with a forest walk and yummy dinner out.  A month of hunkering down with blankets and hot chocolates.

November


An adventure to Manchester for Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas Fair by myself, visiting the Christmas markets and meeting some familiar faces.  A trip to London with Mum checking out Shrek's Adventure on Southbank.  And preparations for Christmas are well under way.

December

A month of Christmas celebrations.  Decorations aplenty, and the tree in all its glory, proudly stood in the living room, twinkling away.  Baby cuddles enjoyed, isn't she just gorgeous.  Time spent with friends.  A short trip to Bath celebrating James' birthday.  A Christmas themed day with the bestie checking out the local Christmas Tree Festival and our annual visit to Norpar Christmas Barns.  And an Essex Blogger meet up at Lush in Chelmsford.

 It seems crazy to think I was able to squeeze all of this into one year.  It makes me rather quite excited to see what I can achieve from 2016, and what the year has in store for me and my loved ones.  I guess time will tell.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous images from a busy and fulfilling year! Here's to an equally amazing 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally meeting you was a highlight, it really was so lovely.
      It's hard to believe that all of this was achieved in just one year, and yes, let's hope 2016 is even better x x x

      Delete