Wednesday 13 January 2016

January Blues

Wow, hasn't it turned cold this past week.  Temperatures have definitely reached that winter cold.  Part of me is pleased as after all it is winter, but I still can't help feeling as though it has come as a bit of a shock.


With the cold has come a lot of rain.  It just feels as though with this kind of weather there isn't all that much to do but curl up indoors, in the warm, with lots of tea, candlelight and Netflix.


There are still little hints of Christmas around our home but on the whole it is all packed away until the end of the year (does anyone else think of their decorations all packed up and miss them? I can't be the only one surely).  The place feels so much more spacious and my mind has been feeling a lot clearer with it too, definitely a welcomed feeling even if I do miss our decorations and tree.


I've already bought my first bunch of flowers, well in fact I bought 3 separate bunches from Aldi and arranged them all into a jug, from there I've been moving it around but I really ought to go out and buy some more that I can dot about the place, perhaps a job for the weekend.  Nothing says happy like flowers, they just bring a whole air of colour and brightness with them.  I'm trying to restrain from buying tulips and daffodils as it still feels a little too early for them to me, give it another month or so and then I shall be welcoming them with open arms, unless of course I give in, in which case you will be seeing them very soon.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, whatever it is that you may be doing.  I've nothing much planned so we shall see where it takes me.

~ Gem x  

8 comments:

  1. The temperatures are certainly dropping, but the mild weather is playing havoc with the garden. Love the beautiful jug of flowers cheery on a dull day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hoping all the spring blooms in the garden will survive, they've all appeared so early x x x

      Delete
  2. Winter just hit here in the last 5 days or so. The world is white and pristine and full of sunshine in this part of the world. I know you probably won't get anymore snow there, but I have seen that warmer temperatures are on their way for you! May the sunshine come with it and bring some rosi-ness back to your cheeks and chase away those January blues!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for the snow, but I'd say your right, I doubt we'll be getting any, we rarely do which is a shame in some ways, I quite fancy building a snowman.
      Definitely looking forward to spring though, such a cheery season x x x

      Delete
  3. I can't believe how cold it has gotten. Absolutely freezing! We've left some fairy lights out, I couldn't bare to put them away as it would be so dreary otherwise.

    I've been buying flowers too. Anything to pretend it's Spring already lol

    Gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I, it's bitterly cold, I'm not sure I like it. Still cosy nights indoors are what I live for so it's not all bad when you look at it like that.
      I was admiring your flowers earlier today, they are so pretty, just what you need to brighten these dull days x x x

      Delete