Wednesday 20 January 2016

A Country Walk In January


I don't do it very often but I quite like taking a walk at this time of year.  Yes it is bloody freezing and yes it can be a bit bleak, there is still plenty to look at though and the sunsets at this time of year are pretty good too.  


Me and James decided to take a stroll on Saturday afternoon, we hadn't really done much that day and thought it would do us good to get out, plus I was starting to feel a bit under the weather, so a walk would do me good (apparently not as 4 days later I'm sat here with a rotten cold, there was nothing I was going to do that would stop it and there has been so much going around.) 



We weren't out for particularly long, half hour maybe, an hour at the most, but boy did it feel good to be out in the fresh air.  I will admit I was pleased to get back inside to thaw out again after, my feet were frozen.


A country walk followed by a nice cup of tea was just what was needed.


~ Gem x


6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather! Colds are the worst part of this time of year. I hope you can take a day or two off to nurse yourself back to health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was doing so well too, never mind, it was bound to get me at some point or another. No est for me though, this was probably my most busiest week in a long time, always the way huh x x

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. We have just come back from a lovely walk along the beach, it certainly blows the cobwebs away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is such a great feeling isn't it x x

      Delete
  3. I can almost feel the cold Gem, but the bright weather was perfect for your photo's! They are beautiful!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madelief, it was freezing, but the days have been bright so it isn't all bad x x

      Delete