Monday 9 May 2016

The Past Week

I haven't written one of these little round up posts for a while, in fact I'm not sure I did one at all last month.  I'm going to try and start doing them again.  I'll usually aim to post on a Sunday but there may be occasions where it appears on a Monday (like today).

It's a good way for me to share what I've been uploading on my Instagram account (@gemscountrylife) , for my blog readers who are not on Instagram.  It's also a way for me to share all the other little things that don't quite qualify for a full blog post of their own.

Last week started off really well with a bank holiday Monday, any day off work is a good day for me.  I decided to make the most of the day off and visited a place I'd never been before, after seeing it on a friends Instagram.  I blogged about my afternoon on Friday in case you missed it.  The bluebells were incredible, such a beautiful sight.  But of course a British bank holiday wouldn't be a proper bank holiday without rain.  I captured this a couple of hours after returning home from my bluebell adventure.


A spot of retail therapy was enjoyed with my mum.  We don't spend half as much time together as we used to.  I really ought to change that.



Naughty treats have been enjoyed (no changes there.  I have the sweetest tooth ever!).



More yummy food has been devoured.


This week saw election day in England.  I'm proud to say that I voted (it always makes me think about the suffragettes and the battles and struggles they went through to give us this right).

Beautiful flowers were enjoyed in the home.  James bought these gorgeous peonies home for me, which I have popped into the bedroom.  The bedroom sells amazing and they are a joy to wake up to in the morning.


The week ended nicely with a glorious weekend, with lots of time spent in the garden.  The apple trees are starting to blossom too, they look so pretty when dressed in tiny flowers.


I even managed to squeeze in a bit of painting, although I'm not so sure on the colour, maybe it will look better once it's finished.  Of course I had to stop to enjoy an ice cream, it was rather quite hot you know.


Did you have a good week?  Let's hope there is lots of happy and exciting things in store for us all this week too.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't read/commented in awhile. I plan on catching up today!
    Did your pink painting project stay pink, or did you end up changing it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright, I've been meaning to email you so I'm just as bad. The pink project is still pink, and I'm still not sure haha x x

      Delete