Friday 6 May 2016

Hanningfield Bluebell Wood

I've wanted to see a carpet of bluebells stretching out as far as the eye could see for some time now.  After spotting the most incredible photo on a friends Instagram taken at Hanningfield Reservoir, I knew I had to head over there to see them.  



After leaving the car park it didn't take long to reach the ocean of blue, swaying beneath the trees.


The smell was just beautiful.  


I stood there for quite a while, just breathing it all in.  The truth is, I didn't want to leave.


I have never seen anything like it.  Definitely a moment to treasure.

~ Gem x

6 comments:

  1. Omg I'm so jealous! I have wanted to visit for ages, I have pictures up on my laptop to remind me but I guess I'm running out of time now before the flowers stop blooming :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon they will still be there but not for much longer x x

      Delete
  2. A moment to treasure indeed, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So beautiful, I still can't believe it now x x

      Delete
  3. Not far from where I live there is a woodland covered with bluebells. It takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes every single time.
    Just stunning. xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can believe it, it is such a sight x x

      Delete