Wednesday 11 May 2016

DIY Up-Cycled Garden Chandelier

I mentioned the other week about up-cycling.  I hate seeing things go to waste, so if I can find another use for it, all the better.  Looking around our home and garden, you will find quite a few DIY projects that I've taken my hand to.


My most recent DIY up-cycled project is a light for our garden.  I'd seen the idea on Pinterest and loved it, so when I spotted someone giving away a chandelier on Facebook for free I knew exactly what I could do with it.


I picked up five solar lights from Asda for £1 each.  Gave the chandelier a good clean using hot soapy water.  Then using some no nails fixed the tops of the solar lights into the the chandelier, in place of light bulbs.


The whole thing took me about half an hour to complete and I'm so pleased with the overall look.  It looks great hanging from our archway, which hopefully come summer will be covered with sweet peas.


I do love it when a Pinterest project goes to plan.

~ Gem x

5 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, such a great inspirational post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! This turned out so well! Have you been enjoying its "glow" in the evenings? I can picture you with a cocktail and a handsome hubby under the starry sky.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with it. Sadly the evenings haven;t really been warm enough to be sitting out just yet but the lights are charging up nicely in preparation x x

      Delete
  3. This is so cool! And it's nice to see a Pinterest project actually working out for once. Can't say I've ever had that kind of luck... lol

    Alyssa | AffordableBlinds.com

    ReplyDelete