Wednesday 25 May 2016

Essex Young Farmer's Show 2016

Sunday saw this years annual Young Farmer's Show return to Boyton Cross, on the outskirts of Chelmsford.  As the show is right on our doorstep, we have visited the show every year since moving to our house, so this is now our fourth show.


Sadly the show hasn't changed over the years and has become very predictable, with the same arena shows and the same exhibitors each year.


The entrance is £14 per adult with children aged 15 and under going free.  So as a family day out it is fairly affordable and there is plenty to see and do.  From livestock to machinery.



Steam engines and even a steam fair.  I fell in love with the carousel.  


There is also an opportunity to spend some pennies.  Whether it be gifts and crafts, clothing, food or plants for your garden.  There is pretty much something for everyone.



All in all not a bad day and definitely worth a visit if you've not been before, especially if you have children.  Personally I doubt I'll return next year, but this is purely down to the predictability of the event.   

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. I used to work at the Essex show selling donuts!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I didn't know you used to do that, you learn something new everyday. I never visited that show but I've heard it was a good one, shame it doesn't run anymore x x

      Delete
  2. It looks really similar to the Essex Country show, I remember watching the motor bikes there last year. It's a shame they can't have a little more variety but I guess there is only so much they can change each year.

    Worth going if you haven't before though.

    Michelle

    Find out about my happiness experiment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there isn't much that could change but a bit more variety would be good x x

      Delete