Friday 29 April 2016

An Upcycled Lampshade

I'd been looking for the perfect lampshade for our bedside lamp for quite some time and just couldn't find quite what I was looking for.  In the end I opted for a plain shade.  It wasn't quite what I was after but it would do.  It would definitely be better than a light bulb that's for sure.


The more I looked at it, the more I had convinced myself that it just didn't cut the bill.  So I decided to give it a little re-vamp.  I've somehow managed to loose my before photos but I'm sure it doesn't take much to imagine how it would have looked before.

I raided my ribbon stash and found this pretty lace ribbon, cut it to size and glued a strip to both the bottom and the top of the shade using fabric glue.  


Instantly sprucing up the plain shade, giving it a bit more texture and interest.  So quick and simple.  And the total cost ~ free.  Sometimes it pays to be a bit of a hoarder.

~ Gem x

4 comments: