Monday 11 April 2016

My Thoughts Lately

Apologies for my recent absence.  I've not really had the motivation to blog.  There hasn't been all that much going on that seems blog worthy either.  Which now that I say it, sounds daft, as my blog is lifestyle focused, but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from.

I've been finding myself very caught up in trying to keep my content fresh for this little blog of mine and that is hard work.  I feel as a result of that other things in my life are being pushed to the side and I really don't want that to happen.


Taking some time off from blogging this past week and a bit has been great.  I managed to get lots of spring cleaning done, and I feel so much better for it. I've managed to cross jobs off my to do list that I have been putting off for ages.  And a start has been made on the garden in preparation for summer but more on that another time.  I finally feel as though I'm getting back on track for where I want to be in terms of organisation at home, although no doubt there will be more to do, there is always something more that can be done right! 

I've been taking some time out for myself too.  Watching films on Netflix and spending time with my colouring book.  It's been so nice relaxing and not really having an agenda, I must try and do it more often.


Having this time to myself has made me re-evaluate my blog and I'll be honest, the thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion as to whether or not to give it all up.  Having pondered over the thought for some time, I have realised that I'm not ready to give this all up just yet and feel that I have plenty more in me to give to this space of mine. 


I love blogging, and I love the community I've been able to feel and become a part of.  This blog has put me in touch with so many people I would never have met had it not have been for this space.  Not to mention the opportunities that it has also brought with it.  I'm so thankful for this space and I don't want to throw it all away.  I think for me it's just a case of getting that right balance.  So with any luck you'll still be seeing plenty of me around these parts.

Thank you to all of my readers, for all the comments and for all the support.  I appreciate every single one of you.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Take as much time as you need Gem! I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I'm not ready to blog again either. I need more time, too. Send me an email and let me know how you are doing. Hugs !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn. I'm so grateful for the space, I would never have met you otherwise. The blogging community really is incredible. I think we are all guilty of putting too much pressure on ourselves, there is always something more that we could be doing one way or another, it's easy to forget to slow down and just appreciate what we have around us. Hope you are doing OK my lovely x x

      Delete