Wednesday 13 April 2016

A Garden Update ~ Spring 2016

I mentioned in Monday's post that preparations were under way in our garden.  We are planning on going all out this year, in what we think is likely to be our last year in our little bungalow.

It is so nice seeing things spring back to life after the long winter, full of such promise for the summer ahead.  The one thing I have come to appreciate since living here for the past three years are the seasons.  I seem to notice them in a way I never had before.  They seem to be highlighted so much more in the countryside compared to a city dwelling and I am so grateful for that.   


Watching the fruit trees blossom is one of my favourite sights at this time of year.


That and the abundance of daffodils everywhere.


James has been busy in the greenhouse, planting out seeds and potting out plenty of fruits and vegetables.  We have paired up with a friend who lives close by, each growing different things, so between us we should have plenty to see us through the winter (that's the plan).  



The veg patch has been ploughed and raked.  The first few plants and seedlings have been planted out into the ground and it feels great.  I'm hoping for a successful year.  Fingers crossed.


We also have a huge amount of flowers that have been planted too.  So not only am I hoping for a full fridge, but also some home grown flower arrangements too.  

I'll make sure I pop back with some updates as to how things are going.  

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. Exciting times, always good to grow your own food it tastes so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!! I want to do all of these things lol Looks amazing well done :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day my lovely, although you really don't need much space to grow your own, it is possible to do it on a much smaller scale x x

      Delete