Monday 25 April 2016

Afternoon Tea at Mulberry House

It's no secret that I love afternoon tea.  Basically anything that involves cake ticks all the boxes for me.  I was aware that Mulberry House in Ongar offers afternoon tea but have never actually been there to try it out.  



I last visited the venue with James, when we were looking for a wedding venue about three years ago.  I'd said back then that I would return to try it out, but it just slipped my mind until my mum suggested it the other week.  It seemed like the perfect excuse to celebrate my Nan's birthday.  After all drinking tea and eating cake is what we ladies do best.


It is a lovely venue, the dining room was very elegantly decorated and the soft background music helped provide the perfect atmosphere for tea. I loved the miss matched vintage china, to me this is how afternoon tea should always be served.  It's all in the tiny details, wouldn't you agree.



The selection of sandwiches (ham, egg mayonnaise, smoked salmon and cucumber with cream cheese) were yummy, but we all know that afternoon tea is all about the scones and the cakes and they did not disappoint.



A thoroughly lovely afternoon, definitely one to try out if you've not been before and another one for me to cross off my list.




~ Gem x

6 comments:

  1. All my friends talk about Mulberry House and despite it being down the road to me I've yet to visit! Must change that this year.

    Victoria xx
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth trying, one of the nicest ones I've had in quite a while x x

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to go there for ages!!! My work colleagues often go there and my Deputy Head had her wedding reception there.
    It looks delicious but forgive me for admitting this, but the sandwiches are my favourite part of Afternoon tea!!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't all be the same, life would be pretty boring. You;d be pleased to know they did come round with more sandwiches once we'd eaten the ones we had :)
      You should try it out, it was really lovely x x

      Delete
  3. It looks gorgeous! I love the tradition of afternoon tea although we do not do that here in the States. My girl would think going to tea(and mostly for the desserts, let's be honest!) was too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally for the desserts, I'm not going to lie haha. I'm sure both you and Charlotte would love it x x

      Delete