Tuesday 26 June 2012

Heart Patches

I mentioned yesterday about getting my craft on, another little project I completed was adding felt patches onto a jumper.  I originally saw this on Pinterest where they had used the needle felting technique to add heart shaped patches onto the elbow of a jumper.   You can find the link to the original source here.


I loved it as soon as I saw it and seeing as I had a stash of merino wool in my craft cupboard thought I'd give it a go. 

It was surprisingly easy as it goes.



 The most difficult thing about it was lining up the elbows, I struggled a bit with this so they are a little wonky. If I had of followed the instructions properly it probably wouldn't have been so difficult, but I'm not one for following directions for craft projects.


Another little crafty project to cross off the list :)  I'm getting good at this.

Love Gem x x x x

8 comments:

  1. Well done you keep it up! love the hearts good idea, much sweeter than plain patches :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I love that!!
    Im having a little giveaway on my blog so do pop round for a visit!
    Celeste x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as a button! What a lovely bit of interest it adds to the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea - I must try that! Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea and I may have to steal it. Thanks for your lovely comment. i do get a bit homesick and they make all the difference.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh and i just spotted i have the same duvet cover as you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the heart elbow patches they are adorable! Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my blog. Just added you to my blog list, loving your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gem - those little patches are lovely! It's great you're getting your craft on because I'm learning a lot from you lol! :)

    ReplyDelete