Tuesday 12 June 2012

Blackmoore

I took last week as A/L from work.  To begin with I hadn't realised it was half term and did then contemplate cancelling it.  I'm glad I didn't as I had such a lovely week.  The weather could have been better but living in England what are we to expect.  It's funny because the whole time I was off you never would have known it was half term.
On Wednesday me and Mum went for afternoon tea at Blackmoore Tea Rooms.  I have driven past them so many times, it was time to stop and smell the coffee as they say and that we did.


It has a beautiful exterior and the interior with the wooden beams and wood burner give it a real warm and cosy feel.  We ordered afternoon tea for two and settled down on some comfy sofas to enjoy.


The scones were warm and tasted so fresh, the jam and clotted cream also tasted rather scrummy.



Overall we were impressed with the service.  The staff were very friendly and work hard, you couldn't fault them at all.  There was a good selection of foods available on the menu and a choice of freshly baked cakes at the counter. 


I can't help but feel though that there was something missing.  There was no music playing and I felt that perhaps some soft jazz or something similar in the background would have complemented the settings nicely.  Next to our table was a vase with some artificial flowers in which from a distance looked lovely, but up close were dusty, which is a bit off putting when it is right next to you as you are eating.  The china wasn't anything to write home about.  It was all very united in that all the chairs, tables, cups, saucers etc were the same throughout the tea room, which gave it a very formal touch.  It wasn't to my own personal taste. 
Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and I would go back, which personally I feel says a lot for an establishment.  These are just my own opinions and I appreciate that everyone looks for something different.  they are obviously doing something right as there were a fair few groups of people in there, again another good sign.


Following our afternoon tea we walked over the the green with the duck pond and fed the ducks.  Blackmoore is such a beautiful village.  We were lucky that day with the weather, it stayed relatively dry so we were able to enjoy the moment and snapped away at our surrounding's. 







Love Gem x x x x

5 comments:

  1. Oi chicka, now you have me craving a flipping cream tea. I just ate a pizza that was 1,050 calories and now I am craving more stodge! Oh dear!
    Great to have you back by the way and I have really missed you.
    x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww it looks like you had a lovely day! Do please blog more often miss Gem!! Totally get what you mean about the tea room too.

    Not sure if you got my message on Instagram but just in case, can you send me your address again. I am having major email problems and have lost your original email...your winnings are all wrapped and ready to go :)..email me at piecesofwonderful@live.co.uk.

    With love,

    Lexie

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah how funny, I was there at the weekend! We did a 24 mile cycle circular ride from Billericay to Blackmore and ate in the Blackmore tearooms- I had the 2 crumpets with butter for £1.80 and earl grey tea. I did eye up those yummy looking cupcakes but I know that for me, cycling on a a relatively empty stomach is much easier! It's a gorgeous place- there's also the Blackmore Anitique centre round the back (go left at the road past the pond and go right...) which also does tea but it's a little more rustic!!!
    How are you anyway? Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweet,

    I know you must have loads just like it..but there's something for on my latest blog post :)

    Lexie

    ReplyDelete