Tuesday 13 December 2011

Making Sausages

Today's post is going to be mostly photos.  Over the weekend me and James made sausages.  It is something James has been wanting to do for ages so as soon as his new toy arrived he was off to the butchers to buy his ingredients.
The sausage maker

The pigs intestines (sausage skins)

Have you noticed the pint in the background there ha ha

(sorry I know this could look a little rude - I promise you it isn't)

Adding some spice to the mixture

The proud man with his sausages

This is what we ended up with.  Pork sausages, sage and parsnip, cinnamon & some spicy ones for James.

******************************************

On a more Christmassy note, I have finished all my Christmas shopping, written out all my cards and wrapped all my gifts.  It is such a relief *big sigh* to be done, now I can begin to enjoy the festivities to the max and spend the next couple of weeks buying little gifts for people if and when I see them without the pressure of knowing I still have people to buy for, everything now are extras :)

How are you getting on with your Christmas shopping?

Love Gem x x x  x

3 comments:

  1. Sausages look yummy! I've never tried them before. Glad you are done with your shopping. It's nice to have the pressure off to enjoy these last two weeks.
    Hope all is well!
    Danielle : - )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh yummy! I love sausages..especially the different flavoured ones.

    I'm nearly there with my xmas shopping, just a little more to do this weekend.

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage and Parsnip sausages ...Mmmm! I'm feeling mighty peckish now, they sound so tastey...and homemade too :)

    Sounds like you have Christmas all under control this year... I wish I was that organised! I feel slightly more panicked everytime I take a peek at my many lists, lol. I'm sure it will all work out by next weekend though (I hope) ;)

    Merry Christmas to you and your sausage make extrordinaire!!!

    Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete