Saturday 31 December 2011

I'm Engaged & A Christmas Update

I really don't know where to begin with this post.  I was hoping to have posted over the past few days about my Christmas but things have been rather up in the air since the day itself.  So today I am going to try and get as up to date as I can before the new year begins (that doesn't give me long hey).

Christmas day was a lot better then I had thought, it was very different from previous years, a lot simpler but it was nice.  We didn't go over the top this year and there were new traditions tried.  We usually have table presents between courses at dinner, this year to make it a little different we had a stocking each and we then had to buy a present to go in each persons stocking, it worked really well and will be doing this in future years to come.

I got some great presents this year.

A gorgeous Cath Kidston bag and peg bag from my Mum & Dad

Lovely Clinique toiletries and bag from my Nan

I squealed when i opened this (sad I know) also from my Mum & Dad

This amazing Ted Baker bag from Rebecca my brother's girlfriend

I just love these plates from my Mum & Dad and can't wait to use them next Christmas.

I got lots of other lovely gifts too and feel that I did really well this year.  After dinner I drove round to a friends to meet James and from there we went back to his to open more presents.  Those of you who saw my post yesterday will know that James proposed.  I was so shocked, and wasn't expecting it at all.  It was a great end to a lovely day.  

 And what a better way to start of a new year :D

I hope it is a great 2012 for everyone.  2011 was a bit rubbish if I'm honest so 2012 is going to be a better year.  I'm engaged and have a new job just round the corner from home, yay.  I'm due to be starting at the end of January and cannot wait.  Bring it on 2012 I'm ready for ya.

Happy New Year

Love Gem x x x x x

10 comments:

  1. Awww huge congrats - what a wonderful way to start the new year. Hope 2012 is fabulous for you :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I'm so pleased I caught up with your blog before I went out tonight! I'll now be able to toast your engagement and your new job (which I'm dying to hear about!) - you are going to have a most wonderful 2012 and you really do deserve it! Here's to your brilliant and happy future! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you New Year Wishes for Health, Happiness, Success and creativity for 2012 xx

    Congratulations Gorgeous Girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New year! Lots of exciting new things are happening and I am really happy for you.

    I will be e-mailing you soon!!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Gem! So fantastic! I hope you have a very exciting 2012 full of planning and the joy of being engaged! Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and James, Pj xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gem,
    Just catching up and have seen your blog!
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS from me :)
    oooh how exciting...hope you had a wonderful xmas and new years.
    xx Gem

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and congratulations on your engagement! That is some gorgeous bling you have there!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete