Monday 19 December 2016

Home Christmas Tour


Christmas is a little different this year, setting up my decorations in a different place felt strange, but it does feel good to have them around me during the run up to the 25th.  It wouldn't feel like Christmas without them.



I had hoped for a slightly taller tree this year, as the flat has really high ceilings.  But the taller they got, the fatter they got, so I had to make do with a 7ft tree, which is still pretty amazing.


I've been very good and have restrained from buying many new decorations, it's been really hard though, believe me.  I love Christmas and always find the shops filled with so many beautiful decorations at this time of year.  If I could buy them all I would, but this year that just wasn't possible. 


The one and only new purchase has been for this window display.  Paper snowflake pom poms from Poundland and some gorgeous star lights which I have admired on Pinterest for years.  Finally having amazing windows to hang them from I just couldn't resist them. 


So the decorations are up and almost all the presents have been bought.  All that leaves now is to wrap them and enjoy the festivities of the season.


~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. All looks so lovely and homely. Have a wonderful Christmas and hopefully a much better New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope so too, fingers crossed.
      Have a fantastic Christmas and a very happy new year x x x

      Delete
  2. Gem, you've made your new home look lovely for Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful time and I hope that 2017 brings you all you can wish for xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy. Have a lovely Christmas with your family and wishing you all a very happy new year too x x x

      Delete