Friday 30 December 2016

30 Before 30 Half Way Update

Time seems to be passing by so fast lately.  Not only are we at the end of another year but I am halfway through my last year in my twenties, which seems an appropriate time to do another update on my 30 before 30 list.


My last update was the first quarter back at the end of September and I am pleased to report that since then I have crossed more off my list.

In my first quarter I had crossed off #4 Visit a Lavender Farm, #8 Watch a film in an outdoor space, #10 Start some form of exercise, #20 Do something spontaneous.

This second quarter I have been able to cross off:

#2 Cross Something Off My Bucket List.
Skating at Somerset house is always something I have wanted to do.  Finally getting round to booking it and visiting this Christmas was amazing.  Sometime you worry that things won't live up t your expectations but this was just as magical as I'd always imagined it to be.  

As you may have seen from my blog post earlier this month, I managed to visit Kew Gardens at the end of November to experience the sights of Kew under it's Christmas spell and it was pretty magical.


# Try a food I have never tried before.
There have been a few new foods I have tired, the one that really sticks in my mind is Mussels.  I absolutely hated them though, but I tried them and that in itself is a milestone.

#27 Acquire a taste for coffee.
I have been drinking coffee regularly now.  I've fallen in love with the Christmas coffee's in Costa and Starbucks but also really like the chilled coffees you can buy in supermarkets.


Again, as in the last update, there are a few points I have touched on but I don't feel happy to say that I have fulfilled them entirely, so for now this is it.  Slightly worrying to have only crossed 7 of the 30 points off the list but there are still 6 months to go and I am determined to do it.

~ Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment