Monday 12 December 2016

Christmas at Kew

A couple of weeks back I was lucky enough to be invited along to Kew Gardens for the preview evening of their annual event Christmas at Kew.


It is an event I have wanted to visit for a good couple of years now, I've even added it to my list of 30 before 30.  Looking at the images on social media in the past, I have been blown away by it's beauty. I won't lie, I was a little worried that it wouldn't live up to my expectations and I would leave at the end of the evening feeling somewhat disappointed by it all.  I needn't have worried.


As soon as we reached the entrance gates the sound of carollers filled the air and the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree enticed us in to discover more of what Kew had to offer. 



I loved every second of the evening.  Around every corner we were graced with yet another beautiful display and endless twinkling lights.  I felt like a kid in a candy store, I am a sucker for twinkling lights.  



The trail flowed so well, you could tell a lot of thought, time and effort had been put into organising it all.  It really capsulates the Christmas spirit and walking around, hot spiced apple in hand, I felt so festive.  Now in it's fourth year, I'm not surprised it's an event they decided to bring back again and it's definitely an event I'd like to see back in the future. 


For anyone around the London area I would say it is a must see this Christmas.  It is just the ticket to get you in that festive spirit.



~ Gem x   


No comments:

Post a Comment