Wednesday 7 September 2016

V Festival 2016

So I made a bit of a last minute decision this year to go to V-Festival.  I've been a fair few times in previous years but hadn't been for a good 3 or 4 years.


Michelle had mentioned we go a while back and at the time I really wasn't feeling it, but circumstances changed and so a week before we bought our tickets and rushed around the shops to get ourselves festival ready.

The weather was somewhat temperamental throughout the weekend, which did result in my outfit choices being changed from shorts to jeans.  But the rain didn't dampen our spirits and we still had a great weekend. 


We saw some great acts including Jess Glynn, Years and Years, Little Mix and David Guetta.

I have to say, I wasn't very impressed with either of the headline acts.  I've never been much of a fan of Justin Bieber, until he released his latest album that is, which I have to admit I do love.  I was quite excited to see him, but I was gutted for the fact that he badly mimed practically his entire set, bar 2 songs, which he sang acoustic with a guitar (very out of tune might I add). 


Then Sunday night was Rhianna.  Again not much of a fan of her but I do like her music.  I wasn't won over at all.  She sung a lot of songs from her album which is fair enough, but for an artist who has been around for 11 years she has enough chart hit material she could have sung which everyone would have known, as opposed to singing material from her album which for someone who has never listened to it would not have a clue what she was singing.  Not the best ending to the weekend.  But we did still have a good time.

    
There was face painting.


Plenty of music.


Lots of drinking.


And generally having a good time.



Definitely not how I'd initially planned the weekend that's for sure, but all in all a great weekend.

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fab time, I've never even been to a festival as I just have flashbacks to when school friends would go to T in the Park or similar and come back with horror stories!! I think I really need to get my act in gear for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I could ever camp at a festival but going for the day and returning home to a bit of luxury is definitely doable. you still get the festival atmosphere without so much of the nasty parts of festival life x x

      Delete
  2. Looking at the photo from the sky swing made my tummy feel weird again! It was so high!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I will admit it did make my tummy turn when we first went up but I'm so glad we did it and I can look at the photos fine now x x

      Delete