Thursday 29 September 2016

John Lewis Chelmsford - Grand Opening

Today, at 9:30am Chelmsford in Essex see's the very long awaited official opening of the brand new John Lewis store as part of the new Bond Street development.  It has been talked about for years and now finally we can see what it has all been about.


I was lucky to get a sneak preview of the new store on Monday during their dress rehearsal day, and I think it is safe to say that shoppers will not be disappointed by this new shopping experience.

Spread across 3 floors offering home and gift ware, haberdashery, womenswear, Kuoni Travel, beauty, menswear, electrical and more.  The store felt easy to navigate around and flowed well between the various departments. 


For me personally it was the little touches and the heritage of Chelmsford radio that was picked up by John Lewis that really outshone and gave the store that personal touch unique to Chelmsford. 


The personal detailing that will be found in no other John Lewis store, like the telegraph poles in the stationary department.  The use of microphones with the male mannequins in menswear and the on air signs and CD's dotted about the place.


The visual merchandising all over the store has clearly been well planned and thought out.  It almost tells it's own story and I was so impressed by these details.  My favourite being the swing as you walk through the main entrance into the beauty and fragrance department on ground floor.  It is definitely something that will get people talking.


Homewares was by far my favourite department which can be found on the third floor.  Very spacious and complete with room sets, which I fell in love with.  It reminded me very much of Ikea, being able to visualise the products in a home setting, another great visual merchandising tool.


Everything about the store was just so fresh and clean cut.  It's definitely somewhere I can see myself spending time, especially on the run up to Christmas.


I'm so pleased to be welcoming John Lewis to Chelmsford and can't wait to see what the new Bond Street development brings to the city.

Thanks for the team at John Lewis for the tour on Monday and I hope to be seeing you soon to be spending my heard earned wages.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. I have a bit of time on my hands coming up so I think it's time to pay a visit to Chelmsford!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete