Friday 23 September 2016

An Outdoor Cinema Experience

Having never been to an outdoor cinema and having seen them about over social media, I knew it was something I wanted to try.  With that in mind I'd added it to my list of 30 Before 30.  I'd initially thought it would be something to do next year now, as summer was fast coming to an end, but it turns out I was wrong.


After a bit of research I discovered that Dirty Dancing was being shown at Hylands Park and so the tickets were purchased and last Thursday, with a picnic basket packed myself and my sister in law set off. 



It was a perfect location to sit back relax and drink in the atmosphere.  Thankfully the weather was kind to us too, although later into the evening we did sink down together under a blanket, but if anything it added to the overall experience and I loved it.


There were a couple of food places to pick up burgers and pizza, which we took advantage of.  As well as a bar for your drinks, but we went prepared on that front.


I'd never actually seen the film before and to be honest have no idea how I have never seen it.  It is just my kind of film, I loved it, although slow to start it totally made up for it.  We both enjoyed the evening so much and were a bit gutted that we'd left it till the end of the season to experience it as we'd loved to do it again.  Or so we thought.


It turns out Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone was showing in Maldon the next night, so we booked our tickets and headed off to see that too.  Another film I'd never seen and loved.  Now to watch the next however many Harry Potter films there are.

I'll definitely be looking out for the outdoor cinemas next summer, and if you haven't been to one yet, you definitely have to give them a go.  Such a great nigh out.

~ Gem

No comments:

Post a Comment