Friday 29 September 2017

London Bucket List

Of all the cities I have ever visited London is still by far my favourite.  There is just so much crammed into the city that it is so easy to miss, hidden little gems tucked around street corners or out of sight high up on the roof tops.  I also feel that as it is somewhere so close to home it is easy to over look some of the more touristy ventures in London.  I know I have done a lot of things but with things changing all the time and others being over looked there is always so much more that I want to experience which is why I thought I'd create a little London bucket list to go with my 40 before 40 list.


The chances are I will be adding to it over the next 10 years, no doubt longer but for now the main things I'd like to check off my list in the city are:

1. Walk along the glass floor of Tower Bridge.

2. Have a drink at the Ice Bar.

3. Venture behind the clock face of Big Ben (if it ever re-opens).

4. Attend a London lates event.

5. Smell the flowers at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.

6. Wander around Highgate Cemetery.

7. Dine at the OXO Tower.

8. See the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.

9. Explore a part of London I've never visited before.

10. Dine at Aubine restaurant in Selfridges.

11. Climb to the top of The Monument.

If anyone can recommend any thing else I should check out or do I'd be more than happy to hear them.  You can never have too many recommendations.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Have you had ice-cream at Fortescue's Ice-cream parlour at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I've tried looking for it after reading your comment but can only find one in Orlando. Where in London is it? xx

      Delete