Wednesday 27 September 2017

Layer Marney Tower

If anyone were to have mentioned Layer Marney Tower to me at the beginning of this month I would have instantly thought wedding venue.  It would never have occurred to me to visit as a place of interest on a Sunday afternoon, however I stand corrected and on my quest to explore more of my home county a visit was in order. 


The grounds leading up to the main building are beautiful, the sheep grazing on the approach really adds to the character of the venue.


Walking in through the gift shop into the main courtyard you are greeted with the beauty of the building to your right hand side, the architecture really is spectacular. 

Looking into the old barn and then entering through into the gardens I couldn't help but fall in love with the place.   


It was when I walked into the main building and the tower itself that the feeling of love left me, almost immediately.  I started to feel quite uncomfortable, it was really bizarre, however I continued on up the staircase to tour the rest of the building.  I couldn't tell you what it was exactly that made me feel the way I did but I couldn't wait to get back outside into the gardens, it was so peculiar. 


I left with a mix of emotions.  There was no doubt it was a beautiful building from the outside but there was something about the interior that left me feeling somewhat cold.


Oddly enough it was later that evening after posting an image on Instagram that someone had commented about the Tower being featured on Most Haunted.  I wonder if that could have something to do with the feeling I had experienced, I've honestly no idea but it could explain a few things.


I'd love to know whether you have ever visited and did you sense any odd feelings?  I can't be the only one surely.

~ Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment