Wednesday 31 May 2017

The Struggle is Real

I've been really struggling to find my voice recently.  Blogging has been feeling a lot like a chore and it shouldn't be that way.  I have found myself in this place many times before and I know there's always a light at the end of the tunnel and I do feel as though I'm reaching it, but I do still wonder whether my time here may be up?


I struggle to see where my blog is headed, what direction it needs to take.  Since moving from the country into the city I've found it hard to know how to continue in this space.  I'll be honest, I'm really surprised I've managed what I have.  The trouble I have is that I know my situation isn't about to change anytime soon.  With that in mind I need to either call it a day or pull myself together and focus.  I'm swaying more towards the latter purely because I enjoy writing and I have put so much time into this space that it would be a real shame to let it go.  It may just mean that things will look a little different around here. 

The important thing for me is not to put too much pressure on myself.  I feel that I am still getting to know myself after everything that has happened.  It's like I'm not entirely sure who I am anymore, which may sound strange to anyone else who may be reading this.  The only way I can even begin to explain it is that we live in a society of labels.  A Mum, a Dad, a Husband, a Wife, you get the gist.  Only I feel like I've lost my label now, it's been taken away from me, something completely out of my control and I'm still in that re-adjustment period where I'm getting to know the real me.  It's all part of the process I know that, and I understand that it is going to take time.  I've just got to roll with it, because at the moment it is all that I can do.

As I'd mentioned in my May bucket list, I have a fair few posts sitting in my drafts, although after reviewing them some seem irrelevant now so will most likely be binned.  However I do have some ideas of future blog posts so I intend to publish those real soon.  Until then thank you for bearing with me.

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. I agree with what you've said about not putting too much pressure on yourself. This space is for you and you can use it however you please. I find comfort in writing and I assume you do too so to give that up completely would be a real shame. Just go with the flow and you will enjoy it a lot more. I went through a phase like this with my blog and once I took the pressure off and saw it as my own little space it became a lot more enjoyable again! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, I know it is just a phase and hopefully in time it will pass, I just need to push myself more to get myself motivated again x x

      Delete
  2. Don't put pressure on yourself! I hope that you do continue. I've tried not to get too worried about posting as regularly as I was recently!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a battle I think all of us bloggers face and we are all our own worst critics but I guess at least we know we are not alone with it x x

      Delete