Wednesday 3 May 2017

If You Go Down To The Woods Today...

If you go down to the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise.  At least I hope you will be, with the thousands upon thousands of bluebells that are springing up all over the country at the moment.  



I can't get enough of them.  They are absolutely beautiful and they smell amazing too.  Seeing a blanket of purple across the floor beneath the trees, listening to the birds singing their song, at that moment in time I feel weightless.  It's my happy place for sure.  



I've been making the most of seeing them in one of the local woods near me with a few visits over the past couple of weeks and I'll be sad to see them disappear for another year.  I wonder whether I'll be able to squeeze in many more visits, who knows, but I know I shall try.



~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, sadly I have not seen one bluebell since I moved to the Isle of Lewis.

    ReplyDelete